Project ALERT + iTunes = More Options!
Project ALERT is very excited to announce that all of the videos that accompany many of the core and booster lessons are now available via iTunes Podcast! If the lack of online access in your teaching setting has been an issue, you now have an additional way to download and store video content on personal and classroom computers. And in true Project ALERT style, the videos are available at no charge to users!
Getting Started (you will need online access to begin)
You will need online access to start the process, and you will have the choice either to stream the videos online or download the videos to your iTunes library for offline viewing. Once you download and save the videos, and as long as you keep a version of iTunes on your computer, online access will not be needed to play the videos.
If you already have an Apple ID and an iTunes account, you can log in and go straight to our Podcast page.
If you do not already have it, please follow this link to download iTunes onto your computer. If you do not have an Apple ID, it takes just a few minutes to create one. Initially, you will need to enter a credit card when you create your profile, but after your account is set up, you can opt to edit or remove your credit card information by following the instructions on this page.
Locating, Viewing (or “Streaming”), and Downloading the Videos in iTunes
Initially, you will need Internet access to either view (“stream”) and/or download the videos.
1. Follow this link to the Project ALERT iTunes Podcast.
2. When the Podcast page appears, click on the blue “View in iTunes” button.
3. The Podcast will appear in iTunes, displaying the 16 videos you can either view or download.
4. To stream a video, hover your cursor over title of the video you want; a blue arrow will appear to the left of the title; simply click on the arrow to watch/stream the video.
5. To download and save a video, click on the “Get” button in the far right column (click on the actual word “Get” and not on the little drop-down arrow next to it).
The video(s) will download and become a permanent part of your own iTunes library.
Playing Downloaded and Saved Videos
Next time you’re teaching one of the lessons in a setting without online access:
1. Launch iTunes on your computer.
2. Click on Podcasts in the left navigation bar of your iTunes library.
3. Select the video(s) that accompany a particular lesson that you’d like to show.
It’s that easy! We encourage you to give it a try, and send us some feedback to let us know how it’s going.
“Old School” Methods Are Still Available
- Fall 2018
- Summer 2018
- Spring 2018 Educator
- Winter 2018
- Fall 2017
- Summer 2017
- Spring 2017
- Winter 2017
- Fall 2016
- Summer 2016
- Spring 2016
- Winter 2016
- Fall 2015
- Summer 2015
- Spring 2015
- Winter 2015
- Fall 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- Spring 2012
- Winter 2012
- Fall 2011
- Spring 2011
- Winter 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2010
- Winter 2010